As we draw closer to the October 31st a ‘day one, no deal’ (D1ND) remains a possible outcome. Rest assured you can remain united with your EU customers and suppliers, via Uniserve – whatever the Brexit outcome.
In order to prepare your business for the potential changes, we would like to remind you to check and ensure that you are Brexit ready.
· The UK Government has launched a checking tool which will guide you to important information and resources specific to your industry. This includes how to search for rates of duty for your tariff codes. Start searching here:- https://www.gov.uk/brexit or just ask us!
For all your EU logistics needs Uniserve can guide you through the jargon. Speak to one of our Brexit experts by contacting us at email@example.com or call our Brexit Hotline on 01375 850 770.
In the meantime, please make sure you have taken the following steps to prepare and you will be able to continue trading with the EU after D1ND, in the most efficient way:-
- Apply for an EORI number
- Apply for TSP – Transitional Simplified Procedures (if you are an importer)
- Arrange for your EU shipper to provide an invoice/packing list with each shipment (ask our team for details of what needs to be included)
- Check Tariff headings for rates of duty
- Apply for duty deferment account if you have duty to pay
Whatever happens on the 31st October, Uniserve has the exit covered. Get in touch with us to find out more.