Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking an Import Operator to manage day-to-day operations and to provide high level of customer service to all clients, as part of the sea freight Imports team. This role will be based at the Tilbury Depot.
- Chasing customs clearance documents from customers prior to vessel arrival.
- Responding to email queries in timely manner.
- Collecting all correct documentation prior to release/delivery of cargo.
- Arranging haulage with shipping lines/haulers.
- Ensuring shipments are rated and invoiced correctly.
- Negotiating and agreeing haulage prices with suppliers.
- Completing updates on Uniserve Technology Platform, customer and supplier spreadsheets.
- Securing any payment cleared funds for Cash on Delivery (COD) accounts prior to release/delivery of cargo.
- Securing payment cleared funds for duty/vat invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo.
- Processing supplier invoices
- Resolving any customer queries or complaints.
- Closing cost and sales files in timely manner.
- Filing and archiving of job files once complete
Essential Skills and Experience
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player