Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international Freight and Logistics Company in the UK, working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent and have supply chain products and services that are unique to our sector and attractive to our clients.
We are currently seeking a IT Apprentice to provide support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non-routine problems. This role is based at our Upminster head office.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in IT and looking to progress a career within the IT industry. The Apprentice will be placed on a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship, which lasts 12 months. After completion of the apprenticeship this candidate will be promoted to a junior member of the team.
The job holder will be expected to understand and apply;
- A range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Maintenance processes
- Basic elements of computer systems
- Relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- Similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- Remote operation and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Cloud and Cloud Services
- Disaster recovery and recovery plans and their role within them
- Similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- Business processes
- Business IT skills relevant to the organisation
Essential Skills and Experience
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player