Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking Warehouse Supervisor to effectively supervise staff and oversee operation in the absence of line manager. This role will be based at our Tilbury facility.
- Review daily operational requirements with line manager and organise staff accordingly with targets.
- Issuing staff workloads and ensure that all duties are carried in accordance with line managers request.
- Ensuring operational KPI’s are met on a daily / weekly basis.
- Training and inducting all warehouse staff.
- Ensuring that operations are compliant with health and safety policies.
- Ensuring the maintenance of all equipment is up to date and all faults are reported using the correct documentation.
- Maintaining appropriate supplies of warehouse sundries.
- Ensuring that the security of the site is monitored and complied with as set out in company security policy.
- Ensuring that the general appearance of the warehouse are kept in good order.
- Ensuring that staff’s performance and development issues are handled appropriately
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous MHE Training preferable but can be provided
- Ability to deliver in line with KPI’s
- Strong Management skills
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Talented motivator
- Good customer service
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player