Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Operations Manager to be responsible for all areas of the Multi client Warehouse and its internal operations. They will provide support to the General Manager and assisting in change management. This role will be based at the Tilbury Depot.
- Designing, maintaining and implementing effective processes & procedures to improve inventory records accuracy
- Designing, maintaining and implementing performance management benchmarking tools.
- Ensuring comprehensive, accurate and useful data collection for all aspects of warehouse activity
- Producing weekly, accurate activity and productivity reports .
- Completing analysis of data, to recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring that health, safety & quality legislation is complied with.
- Ensuring quality assurance measures are in place and adhered to.
- Deputising in the General Manager’s absence
- Managing and developing the stock control and warehouse supervisors
- Managing the bond process.
- Collating and submitting quotations for new business.
Essential Skills and Experience
- FLT Licence
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player