Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international Freight and Logistics Company in the UK, working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent and have supply chain products and services that are unique to our sector and attractive to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Transport Planning Manager to lead and be actively involved in the day to day planning of the team and vehicles. This role will be based at our South Kirkby Depot on a rolling shift of 5 days in every 7, to fit business needs.
- Ensuring that the day-to-day operation consistently meets the requirements of the business, both in terms of service to our customers and the trunking operation as well meeting the budgetary and financial goals of the site.
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement.
- Playing a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures.
- Effectively managing a team of drivers and transport team planners to achieve the highest standards of productivity.
- Ensuring that legislative compliance for all driver related Health & Safety issues, equipment management and tachograph management is managed approprately..
- Fulfilling operational KPI targets
Essential Skills and Experience
- CPC Qualification preferable
- IT literate – including Microsoft office applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player