Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to help maintain our building, services and equipment they will be responsible for day to day maintenance tasks, ensuring the Company’s facilities provide a safe, secure clean and well maintained environment. This role will be based at our new Felixstowe Depot.
- Conducting basic repairs and checks on automated Warehouse systems.
- Responding to emergency requests across the site where building maintenance activity is required.
- Attending equipment breakdowns and working with the team to get production operational in the shortest possible timescale
- Managing contractors on Uniserve sites using the contractor control process
- Using online Maintenance systems for logging jobs
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with agreed specifications and in line with Uniserve’s Health & Safety policy
- Undertaking statutory inspections and checks of assets, including Emergency Lighting, Water Temperature, Fire Doors, Plumbing, etc.
- Carrying out PAT testing
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Working at Height
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP) operation
- Conducting other building maintenance and gardening tasks as required such as:
- Changing light bulbs
- Painting and decorating
- Basic plumbing, including unblocking sinks, toilets and drainage
- Basic Joinery
- Basic electrical maintenance
- Conducting repairs on doors and roller shutters
- Repairing suspended ceilings
- Grounds Maintenance
- Maintaining clear pathways during ice and snow
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in a trade are preferred but not essential
- Good customer service
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player