Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. We cover every aspect of supply chain management from logistics services such air, ocean, road and rail freight as well as warehousing and distribution in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent. But that’s not all. Uniserve also delivers a range of other supply chain services such as Customs clearance, consultancy, environmental compliance, finance, bespoke IT systems and education.
And our £90million investment in a state-of-the-art distribution centre in Felixstowe – the first major investment made by anyone in the area for many years shows we are a business that is relentless in broadening our services. This new build 750,000 square foot facility will include the largest frozen store in East Anglia in addition to 80,000 ambient pallet spaces and four floors dedicated to e-fulfilment.
We are seeking someone with generalist HR admin skills and experience to become part of the team that looks after our Transport and Warehouse functions. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company where development is taken seriously and the opportunity to progress within Uniserve will be encouraged and supported. This role will be based at our new Felixstowe facility.
- Providing efficient admin support to the HR Business Partner (HRBP)
- Supporting managers with functional HR related issues and enquiries
- Being the point of contact for general HR queries
- Assisting the Group talent acquisition team with recruitment and onboarding
- Maintaining accurate electronic HR records and employee files
- Updating HR systems and databases in a timely manner and accurately
- Producing reports for managers on site and the HRBP
- Assisting the Group HR team if required
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous HR Admin experience
- IT literate
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Able to prioritise workload to meet changing deadlines
- Ability to manage own workload and work independently
- Confidence to communicate with Senior leadership team
- Recruitment experience would be advantageous
- Understanding of Payroll systems would be advantageous
- Excellent Communicator
- Great attention to detail
- Great team player