Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager at the Northampton Office to support the Business Unit and Business Leaders in financial and management reporting.
- Producing timely and accurate management financial information for weekly and monthly reporting.
- Monthly Accruals and Prepayments
- Ensuring local reports and central accounts are reconciled regularly and accurately so that all data is consistent and robust
- Build in-depth knowledge of cost and revenue drivers and their impact on the financial results
- Providing analysis and insight into business performance, identifying areas of improvement in order to drive profitability and support strategic goals
- Assuring site compliance with corporate standards and financial controls
- Working alongside the team to prepare budgets and forecasts, along with ongoing variance reporting
- Building financial awareness in non-financial managers to ensure that all understand how they can impact on the business performance
- Supporting business projects, including implementation of new contracts
- Developing strong relationships with team members and stakeholders across the site and wider organisation and also key customer contacts
Essential Skills and Experience
- Recently completed an ACCA or CIMA qualification or actively studying towards qualification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong Analytical approach
- Full clean Driving Licence
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player