Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking a Export Operator at the Tilbury Office, to organise the day- to-day running of export operational duties for designated destinations of LCL/FCL Cargoes.
- Liaising internally and externally with all departments, third party carriers, forwarders, and shipping lines in the execution of their duties.
- Liaising on a daily basis with departments and overseas clients and partners in an operational manner relevant to the trade lanes of responsibility.
- Preparing, creating and executing correctly and efficiently completed documents relating to export consignments.
- Attending to all designated destination export customs documents and facilities via the One World and Multifreight system.
- Attending and responding, to all received letters, e-mails, faxes, messages and other media in relation to daily operational matters.
- Monitoring and reporting where possible all export consignments within designated destinations to all UK and overseas sources were relevant.
- Ensuring completion of all consignment tasks from receipt of booking, organising national and international transportation, formally documenting and accounting and ultimately protecting the funds of the Uniserve Group for services rendered.
- Gaining an understanding in the regulations, cultures and laws of those designated countries served.
- Be aware and practice specific duties in relation to the legal movement of all hazardous goods.
- Be aware and practice, cost effective, profitable, economical structures and methods of shipment where required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Full clean Driving Licence
- IT literate
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player