Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are currently seeking an European Road Freight Apprentice to learn the Road freight operation and support the team with European operations. This role will be based at our Tilbury Depot.
As well as gaining a wide variety of knowledge within the European team, you will be placed on a Level 3 Supply Chain Practitioner Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will last around 30 months and upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be promoted to a European Operator with the opportunity to continue to grow and develop within the team.
- Ensuring professional communications and management on a job- by-job basis with OSPs, Carriers and other Uniserve Departments.
- Ensuring all shipments, addresses and other data is entered in One world and Multi Freight in the correct format
- Protecting the interests of the business at all times and escalate any areas of concern to your Supervisors and Managers.
- Being commercially astute and ensuring that the jobs make a profit.
- Understanding the accounting and financial processes and requirements.
- Ensuring good negotiation and contractual conduct and commercial awareness.
- Delivering excellent customer care and management of clients expectations.
- Monitoring new and lost clients on a weekly basis and keeping your Supervisor and management advised.
- Ensuring estimates are allocated for all expected costs and our sales invoices are raised in a timely manner in accordance with our invoicing policies
- Ensuring all files have been costed and charged correctly and completed correctly.
- Promoting Uniserve European services to clients and potential clients.
- Ensuring your Supervisors are aware of your workload and ability to complete.
- Advising your Supervisor and management of any exceptional profit making clients that need VIP status
Essential Skills and Experience
- IT Literate – Specifically Microsoft Office packages
- Good Customer Service skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player