Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international freight and logistics company in the UK. Working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent.
We are looking for a Customs Clerk to be based at our Dover office, to work on a rotating 12 hour (night and day) shift.
- Completing the day-to-day Dover road freight customs clearance work from start to finish
- Assisting with the deep sea customs operations
- Assisting with the booking and delivery operations of deep sea containers
- Completing/amending freight bookings as required
- Arranging the stamping of T2L documentation
- Assisting the Customs Clerks with completion of customs paperwork as required
- Building relationships with customers, shipping companies and overseas offices
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and custom procedures.
- Full knowledge of customs procedures and principles
- Good understanding of Excel spreadsheets
- IT Literate
- Be conscientious and have attention to detail
- Communicate politely and efficiently with clients and internal staff
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Experienced team player
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and driven to achieve targets and objectives
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to identify and report problems