Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international Freight and Logistics Company in the UK, working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent and have supply chain products and services that are unique to our sector and attractive to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Credit Controller to take responsibility for their designated client accounts to ensure customer accounts are settled within agreed terms. This role will be based at our Upminster Head Office.
- Running credit reports via the Creditsafe website in order to process new credit applications received from customers
- Reviewing the credit limits of existing clients that may have expired or need to be increased or reduced.
- Maintaining and updating customer details within Multifreight.
- Preparing weekly ‘Accounts Causing Concern’ reports for the Accounts Manager.
- Preparing and confirming remittances for payments received in order for the administration department to allocate to appropriate client accounts.
- Chasing accounts for outstanding invoices by telephone, email and other available media
- Ensuring customers settle invoices within agreed payment terms and to ensure account balances remain within set credit limits.
- Liaising with other Departments, Management and Uniserve branches regarding unpaid accounts, invoices that might be in query, or action to be taken, including but not limited to placing accounts on stop or taking legal action.
Essential Skills and Experience
- IT Literate – Specifically Microsoft Office packages
- Good Customer Service skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player