Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international Freight and Logistics Company in the UK, working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent and have supply chain products and services that are unique to our sector and attractive to our clients.
We are currently seeking an Apprenticeships Compliance Officer to continually strive for improvement and look for opportunities to build the business, through offering our customers industry-leading services.
- Effectively maintain and populate the Company’s Learner Management System
- Managing the processing of ESFA paperwork to a quality standard
- Assuring the certification and paperwork submission of learners on our programmes
- Effectively managing training schedules by venue, and training staff in line with the training programme agreed
- Providing and maintaining effective & efficient data relating to our contract provision and learners
- Producing and managing documentation
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, apprentices, tutors, and other internal stakeholders
- Carrying out a monthly reconciliation between Aptem and ESFA reports
- Critically examining Aptem apprentice performance reports for anomalies
- Communicating with external providers or subcontractors as and when required
- Effectively and accurately maintaining training records
- Maintaining of the policies and procedures register
- Producing accurate compliance data and ensuring remedial action is implemented where required.
- Managing all learner’s information to ensure an accurate learner database(s).
- Overseeing the management of employers using the Apprenticeship Service, ensuring that cohorts are entered and approved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining consistent dialogue with the Sales team to ensure all aspects of the learner journey and record keeping are in line with audit/OFSTED/funding requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with Skills Office for data, audit, and compliance to introduce and uphold best practice across the organisation.
Essential Skills and Experience
- An up to date understanding of ESFA compliance in relation to Apprenticeship
- IT Literacy – Specifically Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task as directed
- Ability to Input large volumes of data whilst maintaining a high attention accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Ability to produce accurate, timely reports.