Established in 1984, Uniserve are the largest British privately owned international Freight and Logistics Company in the UK, working with an unrivalled network of professional partners across the world. We are experts in all major Global trade markets and specialists in Europe, China, South East Asia, and the Indian Subcontinent and have supply chain products and services that are unique to our sector and attractive to our clients.
We are currently seeking an Apprentice Gardener who help to maintain and develop the gardens and landscape of Upminster Court and Stockwell Hall, under the supervision of the Head Gardener.
As well as gaining a wide variety of knowledge within the Facilities team, you will be placed on a Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship (Level 2). The apprenticeship will last around 18 months and upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be promoted to a Junior Gardener with the opportunity to continue to grow and develop within the team.
- Maintaining hard and soft landscape features at Upminster Court and Stockwell Hall, including weeding, feeding and pruning planted areas
- Caring and maintaining garden furniture
- Caring for, maintaining and keeping secure all garden tools, property and machinery
- Maintaining sound environmental and ecological principles
- Undertaking reasonable tasks as identified by the Head Gardener
- Assisting the Maintenance Department, where required
Skills and Experience
- Problem solving capability
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Full Driving Licence and able to travel between sites